A Tourist Starter’s Guide to Malaga
Malaga is the Spanish city and the capital of Malaga province. It is famous for its typical Mediterranean climate and the birthplace for famous artist Picasso.
There are lots of different attractions in Malaga like beaches, hiking, architectural sites, museums, and excellent shopping and cuisine and this is always the best attraction for explorers and tourists.
So here I am sharing some of the information which every tourist must know before considering flights to Malaga.
If you are fond of beaches then Malaga could be your top destination for weeks. If beaches don’t excite you then a couple of days would be more than enough.
Places to see?
These are the exciting places which everyone must see in Malaga:
- Alcazaba – a castle built on the hills in the middle of the city.
- Roman Theatre – situated in Alcazaba these are old roman theatres.
- Castillo de Gibralfaro – another castle situated beside Alcazaba.
- Malaga Cathedral – it is the tower located in the centre of the city.
- Picasso Museum – consist of exclusive paintings and exhibition of work of Picasso.
- Interactive Museum of Music – consist of one of the largest collection of Europe.
- Historical Garden – it is the beautiful flower garden giving an awesome look to the city.
Things to do?
- Enjoy the exotic nights in Malaga, one of the best places to enjoy night life in Andalusia.
- Do rock climbing as there are lots of rock climbing places in Malaga that could prove to be be an unforgettable experience for you.
- Try the local wines and traditional food of Malaga.
- Visit places around Malaga such as Ronda and Motril just two hours from Malaga by car
which have even more beautiful beaches than Malaga.
Places to eat?
- Beside the coast there are large numbers of restaurants which serve the delicious seafood such as fish, prawns, lobster etc.
- A Casa Gallega, is the famous restaurant, they do not provide any menu, they ask for the customer’s wish and cook food as per customer request.
- For traditional and delicious food you can visit these restaurants: la casa del guardia, Parador de Málaga Gibralfaro, Las Garrafas, Bodeguita El Gallo, Restaurante Gallego Candamil. These are some of the best restaurants in Malaga.